October 2 was a severe weather day across the state with multiple severe thunderstorm and tornado warnings. Since then 1 tornadoes have been confirmed in the state. Now not all of the surveys are finished and more information will be added as it comes in.
Westmoreland County had 3 tornadoes.
- There was a tornado near Youngwood that was an EF-0 with maximum wind speeds of 65 to 75 mph.
- A brief EF-1 tornado was near South Greensburg. There maximum wind speeds were 85 to 95 mph. This was an unusual tornado as it formed on the north side of the thunderstorm.
- Another EF-1 tornado was confirmed near Rodney. This one had maximum wind speeds of 90 to 100 mph.
Crawford County had 2 tornadoes.
- There was an EF-2 tornado near Conneautville that occurred around 2:33 PM. It had maximum wind speeds of 115 mph. It had a path width of 50 yards and traveled 4.8 miles. This is the only tornado to cause and injury.
- Richmond Township had an EF-1 tornado with maximum wind speeds of 105 mph. This one traveled 3.5 miles and had a path width of 75 yards.
There were 2 tornadoes in Jefferson County.
- The first tornado was near Brookville and was an EF-0.
- The second tornado started in Baxter and ended just south of Brookville. It was an EF-2 tornado with max wind speeds of 110 mph. The path width was at least 200 yards and traveled nearly 4 miles.
Lackawanna County had 2 tornadoes.
- The first tornado occurred around 6:01 in Springbrook Township. It was an EF-0 with a max wind speed of 80 mph. It only traveled 0.10 miles with a width of 50 yards.
- The second tornado happened around 6:11 PM. It was another EF-0 with a max wind speed of 70 mph. It traveled 0.15 miles with a width of 70 yards.
There was 1 confirmed tornado in Green County.
- This tornado was near Graysville and happened around 5:20 PM. It had max wind speeds of 90 mph making it an EF-1. This had a path width of 200 yards and traveled 1.3 miles.
Carbon County had 1 tornado.
- This one was near Lake Harmony and occurred around 6:37. it was an EF-1 tornado with maximum wind speeds of 100 to 110 mph. It had a 40 yard width and traveled 0.90 miles.
Lycoming County had a single confirmed tornado.
- This one occurred around 5:03 north of Buttonwood. It was an EF-2 tornado with max winds of 115 to 120 mph. It traveled 2.2 miles and had a width of 300 yards.
There was 1 tornado in Monroe County.
- This was and EF-1 tornado that occurred around 7:01 PM near Jackson Township. This one had traveled 1.3 miles with a width of 50 yards. The maximum wind speeds were 90 to 100 mph.
Warren County had 1 tornado.
- This one was located near Lottsville. It was an EF-1 tornado that happened around 3:43 and had max wind speeds of 95 to 105 mph. It had traveled 0.85 miles with a path width of 75 yards.
An EF-0 tornado occurred between 5:05 and 5:06 PM near Toby. It had peak winds of 65 to 75 mph. It traveled .25 miles and had a width of 20 yards. The survey is still on going and more information will become available.