(AP) — Former federal attorney general and Pennsylvania Gov. Dick Thornburgh has died at age 88.
Thornburgh died Thursday morning at a retirement community facility outside Pittsburgh, his son David said. The cause is not yet known.
Thornburgh built a reputation as a crime-busting federal prosecutor in Pittsburgh and won praise for his cool handling as governor of the Three Mile Island partial nuclear meltdown in 1979.
The latest from WTAJ
- Judge: Charges still stand against pastor Tony Spell for violating COVID-19 crowd limits
- Morning Forecast, Tuesday January 26, 2021
- Minnesota outlasts Lady Lions with late rally
- Forest Hills girls hold off Bishop Guilfoyle in matchup between contenders
- Former Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant joining Canadian Football League