LORETTO, Pa. (WTAJ) — The hits keep coming for fall sports athletes at small schools around the country.
Saint Francis Athletics will not be participating in their 2020 fall sports competition that was rescheduled to the spring of 2021. The fall season got pushed to the spring due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
That means cross country, field hockey, football, soccer and women’s volleyball will not compete this school year. Winter and spring sports are still underway at this time.
The university said this decision will assist in greatly decreasing the amount of out-of-state travel and out-of-state visitors for competition.
“Hosting Spring 2021 competition for only winter and spring teams will help to mitigate the risk of virus exposure for the broad campus community which is paramount for the institution,” they stated.
- Penn State men’s soccer downs Ohio State advancing to Big Ten semifinals
- Overnight forecast Saturday, April 10, 2021
- Can you drink alcohol after getting the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Pfizer, BioNTech ask FDA to approve use of vaccine in children ages 12 to 15
- Pedaling for a purpose: Group of friends takes 800-mile bike ride for a good cause