Penn State men’s tennis is moving on in the NCAA Tournament.
Penn State moved past Monmouth 4-0 in the opening round of tournament play Friday morning. The Nittany Lions will take on the winner of Columbia and Bryant in the second round on Saturday.
According to a Penn State media release, it is the fifth time in school history the team has advanced to the NCAA second round.
The winner of the second-round matchup will move on to the NCAA Super Regional.
You can view the results here courtesy of Penn State athletics:
PENN STATE 4, MONMOUTH 0
1. #45 Constant De La Bassetiere/Gabriel Nemeth (PSU) vs. Will Cooke Wharton/Nicola Pipoli (Monmouth) 5-3, unfinished
2. Christian Lakoseljac/Christos Antonopoulos (PSU) def. Sergio Martinez/Max Benaim (Monmouth) 6-1
3. Ben Lieb/Matt Galush (PSU) def. Alberto Giuffrida/Srdjan Jakovljevic (Monmouth) 6-2
Order of Finish: 2,3
1. #29 Constant De La Bassetiere (PSU) def. Srdjan Jakovljevic (Monmouth) 6-1, 6-2
2. #105 Christian Lakoseljac (PSU) def. Nicola Pipoli (Monmouth) 6-3, 6-2
3. Gabriel Nemeth (PSU) vs. Max Benaim (Monmouth) 5-7, 2-1, unfinished
4. Christos Antonopoulos (PSU) vs. Will Cooke Wharton (Monmouth) 3-6, 3-3, unfinished
5. Ben Lieb (PSU) def. Sergio Martinez (Monmouth) 6-1, 6-1
6. Alp Sentay (PSU) vs. Alberto Giuffrida (Monmouth) 6-3, 5-0, unfinished
Order of Finish: 5, 2, 1