DETROIT (WRIC) — Ford Motor Company is expanding a national recall of SUVs and telling owners to park them outside after a series of engine fires.
The initial recall in May was in response to fires that the company said could happen even while engines were off and extended to 39,000 vehicles. Ford said they didn’t know what was causing the fires but that only 2021 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs were being affected.
- Nearly 1.4 million saws recalled after multiple laceration injuries
- TJ Maxx parent company agrees to $13 million penalty for selling recalled products
- Family Dollar recalls 425 over-the-counter products that were improperly stored
- Almost 13,000 Tony Hawk helmets recalled
- John Deere lawn tractor recalled for crash hazard
On Friday, July 8, Ford expanded their recall to cover more than 66,000 SUVs after getting reports of five more fires.
Get daily updates on local news, weather and sports by signing up for the WTAJ Newsletter
To check if the recall applies to your vehicle, use the NHTSA website recall page.
The Associated Press contributed to this reporting.