ALTOONA, BLAIR COUNTY (WTAJ) – Sister Paula DelGrosso has been giving back for decades.
She along with her hundreds of volunteers at the St. Vincent De Paul Soup Kitchen give out meals, every week, Monday thru Friday, to anyone that needs one. No questions asked.
“We’ve been getting near 300 everyday. But people have been good to us.”
They consider Sister Paula a friend. After all, she’s been providing fresh, hot meals for nearly 3 decades now.
“It’s why I like to be here,” she told WTAJ. “It means something and they express, real fast their gratitude. It’s a good thing.”
Sister Paula has seen the St. Vincent De Paul Soup Kitchen be responsible for serving around 2,000 people per month.
THE LATEST FROM WTAJ
- Penn State women’s volleyball pauses team-related activities
- Penn State women’s hockey makes it four straight with thumping of Mercyhurst
- More than 150 National Guard in Washington for inauguration test positive for coronavirus
- Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- Bucs, Chiefs win, head to Tampa Super Bowl