RENOVO BOROUGH, CLINTON COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — A male suspect has been arrested in an active shooter situation that triggered a shelter in place order in part of Clinton County.
The Clinton County District Attorney’s Office says 45-year-old Gene Michael Eaton from Renovo was charged with the alleged shooting.
The Clinton County Emergency Services office told Eyewitness News that the active shooter situation broke out in the borough around 7:30 am. An indoor shelter order was issued by the Renovo Borough Police Department and was lifted around 8:50 a.m.
State police say Eaton fired multiple shots in the vicinity of 837 Ontario Ave. No one was injured or killed and he is in custody.
One apartment has a shattered window and there is a bullet hole in the windshield of a car parked out front. An investigation is underway.
- Numerous Black Bears spotted across Happy Valley
- Early childhood educators celebrate 50th anniversary of ‘Week of the Young Child’
- Work to begin on Route 22 resurfacing project
- PSU Board of Trustees approve plan to increase room and board for 2021-22 school year
- Boalsburg Fire Company’s annual Memorial Day parade, carnival among events cancelled