(WTAJ) – Chief Meteorologist Joe Murgo was invited to partake in the Pennsylvania Farm Show’s Undeniably Dairy Shake-Off put on by the American Dairy Association. In this contest, members of the media come up with a shake recipe that not only looks good but, leaves you assuming it tastes good.
You can watch the fill competition that was featured on the American Dairy Association North East Facebook page.
Joe picked a ski theme with his Avalanche Shake. It’s peppermint flavored and is a great way to use the leftover candy canes from Christmas. Here is his recipe.
- Around 4 regular regular sized candy canes.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 cups of your favorite vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 teaspoon of peppermint extract (or two drops of peppermint oil)
- In a blender, chop the candy canes into small pieces on the pulse mode.
- Add mild and ice cream
- Add peppermint
- Blend to your preferred thickness.
As for the topping, he used whipped cream and green crystallized sugar.
The latest from WTAJ
- Michael Strahan tests positive for COVID-19, sources say
- LIVE: Governor Wolf outlines 2021 agenda following the COVID-19 pandemic
- Newsfeed Now: The race to get vaccinations ahead of COVID variants, fan scores with TikTok NFL style reviews
- Woman sells crochet Bernie doll for over $20,000, donates to charity
- Storm pounds northern California with rain, wind