PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Two people were killed and a dozen wounded in shootings reported in Philadelphia on the first day of the new year, authorities said.
Police said five people were shot in one part of north Philadelphia shortly before 2 a.m. Saturday, including a 16-year-old youth shot in the back of the head who was pronounced dead minutes later. A man about 20 years old was in critical condition while another man and two women were listed as stable.
- Heat and humidity arrives for the weekend
- Record heat and record snow, a wild couple of days for the nation
- Passerby uses pepper spray to help woman, dog in mountain lion attack
- Follow-home robbery suspect arrested after going to hospital for gunshot wound: LAPD
- Over 50 employers expected at Bedford County job fair
Authorities reported one man killed in another triple shooting and others wounded in a double shooting in north Philadelphia; a second triple shooting was reported in northeast Philadelphia but police said they weren’t immediately sure when it occurred.