HEREFORD, Pa. (AP) — A 10-year-old boy was shot and killed on Thanksgiving Day while he was with someone who was target shooting in southeastern Pennsylvania, authorities said.
The shooting occurred around 1:30 p.m. near the child’s home in Hereford, Berks County District Attorney John Adams said Friday. The boy was taken to a hospital but was pronounced dead there a short time later.
- WWE responds after Sasha Banks, Naomi walk out during ‘Monday Night Raw’
- AG Josh Shapiro, Democratic Gov. candidate, positive for COVID
- Pennsylvania governor race divides Republicans, unites Dems
- Police: Video shows Arby’s manager peeing in milkshake mix
- Former CEO charged with theft from DuBois retirement community
Adams said the shooter is known to police, but the incident remains under investigation and no charges have been filed so far. Authorities have not disclosed specific details about the shooting, and the child’s name has not been released.
No other injuries were reported in the shooting.