HEREFORD, Pa. (AP) — A 10-year-old boy was shot and killed on Thanksgiving Day while he was with someone who was target shooting in southeastern Pennsylvania, authorities said.
The shooting occurred around 1:30 p.m. near the child’s home in Hereford, Berks County District Attorney John Adams said Friday. The boy was taken to a hospital but was pronounced dead there a short time later.
- US puts 8,500 troops on heightened alert amid Russia tension
- Applications being accepted for grants to reduce underage and dangerous drinking
- Rep. Jim Gregory to host first town hall in a 2022 series
- Pennsylvania opens lottery for rare Van Winkle whiskeys
- Police investigate after Blair County residence broken into but nothing was reported stolen
Adams said the shooter is known to police, but the incident remains under investigation and no charges have been filed so far. Authorities have not disclosed specific details about the shooting, and the child’s name has not been released.
No other injuries were reported in the shooting.
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather, and community events that matter to you.