ALTOONA, Pa. (WTAJ) – Burlington Stores is opening a new location inside the old Toys “R” Us building at Park Hills Plaza. This addition will add a handful of new jobs to the community.
The new location can bring anywhere between 50 to 75 jobs to the area.
Logan Township said a permit is issued for the store’s construction and contractors are currently working to prepare for the store’s opening.
According to a release from the company, social distancing practices will be implemented as stores open. Some of the new safety measures include:
- New, spacious store layout
- Signage to remind customers and associates to practice social distancing and remain at least six feet apart
- One way entrances and exits at the front of the store and in the department aisles
- Wider check-out lanes, with social distancing markers on the floor
- We will take proactive steps to routinely clean and disinfect all areas of the store, including frequently cleaning high-touch areas, providing sanitization materials throughout the store, making shopping cart wipes available, and having deep cleaning response plans in place.
This will be Burlington’s 35th store in the state.