Neighbors, business owners help woman when house catches fire

News

TYRONE, Pa. (WTAJ) — A local woman’s home burned down this week in Tyrone after living there for 42 years.

Jean Wallace says she was home alone on Monday night and went to take a nap.

She woke as her door was knocked down and four neighbors assisted as the left side of her home was on fire.

She went across the street to the Tyrone Veterinarians Office where she was helped by Veterinarian John Walter. While she was there she was checked by paramedics and presumed to be healthy. Jean, her neighbors, and fire officials say the house seems to be a total loss.

On Tuesday, her family helped her look through the damaged home for anything they could salvage.

Jean tells us that she is thankful for her well-being and the help of her Tyrone community.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss