ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — A veteran police officer shot to death in Rochester, New York as he sat in a parked vehicle was remembered Monday as a devoted husband, father, and officer.
The funeral for Anthony Mazurkiewicz drew officers and elected officials from around the region. Mazurkiewicz was a 29-year member of the department. He was in an unmarked vehicle with Officer Sino Seng late on July 21 when 17 rounds were fired into the vehicle from behind in what police describe as an ambush.
- Back to school cookout, giveaway at Prospect Park
- How to get ‘free’ Sam’s Club, Costco memberships
- Altoona Fire Department uses flashover fire simulator for the first time
- Penelec hosts electrical safety demonstration for first responders
- Police find over $6,000 worth of stolen items in vehicle, suspect at large
Seng and a 15-year-old girl in a nearby house were wounded.