(WHTM) — The FDA announced that Flowers Foods, Inc. is voluntarily recalling Tastykake multi-pack cupcakes that may contain tiny fragments of metal mesh wire. The recall was announced Sunday after the vendor was notified of the possible contamination.
Products being recalled were sold to consumers in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and West Virginia.
The FDA says no incidents have occurred, but consumers should not consume the cupcakes just to be safe.
Here’s a list of the recalled products:
All affected products should be discarded or returned to point of purchase for a refund.
For more information, visit the FDA website.
- ‘The Andy Griffith Show’ actress Maggie Peterson passes away at 81
- Walk-off lifts Altoona past Red Land in extras
- How to donate breast milk during the baby formula shortage
- You can order another batch of free COVID tests from the federal government: Here’s how
- New Double A rules having positive impact on baseball