EARLY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A 10-year-old boy was arrested for sexually assaulting a fellow student on an Early ISD school bus last month.
Early Police Chief David Mercer says the students were riding the bus after school on February 6 when the driver got off and went outside to assist a handicapped student.
While he was gone, the 10-year-old suspect allegedly sexually abused a 9-year-old girl.
The girl’s mom told KTAB and KRBC they were the only students left on the bus because their classes got in trouble and they had to stay on campus late.
After an investigation that included a forensic exam, the 10-year-old was arrested and charged with Sexual Assault. His case is being processed through the juvenile justice system.
DNA evidence was taken from both the victim and the suspect and is currently being processed at the lab.
Police say the bus driver will not be facing criminal charges, based on the information they have at this time.
This case is still under investigation.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information, including comment from the school district, is released.
- Dicken of A Christmas weekend begins in Ebensburg
- Kiesewetter leads Bishop Guilfoyle back to State Championship
- Way Fruit Farm to hold first ever ‘Holidays in the Packinghouse’ Saturday
- Bald Eagle Area School District selected as 1 in 8 nationwide for award-winning author’s virtual tour
- Kremlin: Putin to seek guarantees over Ukraine from Biden