A cheap charger may keep your cell phone going, but it could put you at risk of burns or electrocution.
That’s according to a new study released by the nation’s emergency room doctors.
Researchers say in one case, a patient was thrown from his bed by electric current, generated by a generic phone charger.
Another patient suffered second-degree burns when the end of a charger touched her necklace.
E-R doctors say don’t sleep with your phone charging in bed and avoid leaving the charger plugged in when it isn’t connected to a phone.