(WKBN) – Approximately 120,872 pounds of ground beef products have been recalled due to possible E. coli contamination.
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s website, Lakeside Refrigerated Services, a Swedesboro, N.J. establishment, is recalling the beef in an announcement made Monday.
The problem was discovered during routine testing of imported products that were produced from February 1, 2022, through April 8, 2022.
The products subject to recall have establishment number “EST. 46841” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail locations nationwide.
Most people infected with the bacteria develop bloody diarrhea and vomiting. The infection is usually diagnosed by testing a stool sample. Vigorous rehydration and other supportive care are the usual treatment
- Patio umbrellas sold at Costco recalled after reports of fires
- Toyota recalls hundreds of electric cars over wheel that could come off
- Dog food sold at Target, Walmart recalled due to potential salmonella contamination
- 1.4M electrical panels recalled due to thermal, fire hazards
- Ford recalls over 2.9 million vehicles at risk of roll away crashes
Most people recover within a week, but, rarely, some do develop a more severe infection.
The USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service is concerned that some products may be in consumers’ refrigerators or freezers. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them and should throw them away or return them to the place of purchase.