(CNN) – John Cena is doing some method acting with his bank account.
The wrestler-turned-actor says he will donate half a million dollars to the people fighting the wildfires in California.
Cena plays a firefighter in an upcoming comedy film called “Playing With Fire.”
He is asking Paramount – which produced the film – to select a charity that aids first responders.
Multiple wildfires are raging in both Northern and Southern California.
The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County has forced nearly 200,000 people from their homes.
Close to one million California residents have had their power service interrupted because of the fires.
Latest News Headlines:
- Curve receive special letter from military vet
- Penn State football “Sound Off” Week 1
- Big Ol Fish: Oct. 22, 2020
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Overnight forecast Thursday, October 22, 2020