Wheeling W.VA. (Wheeling)- Wheeling Police are investigating a pedestrian fatality in the 100 block of Warwood Avenue/ WV State Route 2.
At 6:36 a.m., officers were dispatched for a report of a vehicle hitting a pedestrian, but when officers arrived, a victim could not be located.
Shortly after, a second 911 call was made at the Interstate 70 Washington Avenue eastbound exit ramp for a vehicle that appeared to be dragging a body.
Further investigation led police investigators to believe a woman was hit by a pickup truck in Warwood and then dragged by a second vehicle to the Washington Avenue area.
Police have located the drivers of both vehicles and are working to make a positive identification of the adult female victim. The incident is still under investigation.
- Reports: Wilkes-Barre native has coronavirus
- Local resident submitting proposal plan to revitalize Johnstown State Theater
- Program helps formerly homeless veterans afford housing
- WNYers with Leap Year birthdays are getting ready to celebrate
- Advocates leery about White House halting ‘Remain in Mexico’ program