(CNN) — The CDC has released new preliminary data about the impact of the current flu season.
The agency estimates that — between October and the end of January — there were between 19-and 26-million flu-related illnesses in the US and up to 25,000 deaths.
The CDC has a couple of warnings about this data.
It’s preliminary and there may be even more cases.
Also, these are estimated ranges that were calculated using weekly surveillance data along with data from prior seasons.
- One man dead after crashing motorcycle in Clearfield County
- Morning forecast Sunday, May 31, 2020
- Penn State baseball coach says number five to be retired in honor of George Floyd
- COVID-19 case reported at Hillview Healthcare in Altoona
- Overnight forecast Saturday, May 30, 2020