SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Embattled California utility Pacific Gas & Electric is the target of a new ad from Sen. Bernie Sanders.
In the new campaign video, Sanders calls out PG&E for repeatedly sparking deadly wildfires and uses it to argue for his version of a Green New Deal.
The three-minute ad shows Sanders surveying burned homes as people criticize the utility, including a resident of Paradise, which is the Northern California town destroyed by a 2018 fire blamed on PG&E’s equipment.
That resident claims PG&E only filed for bankruptcy to limit its payments to wildfire victims.
It ends with a woman’s voice saying “If we’re going to be paying for everything that PG&E does, the people of California should have a say in how it is run.”
- Local Police arrest two men following a search warrant
- Early morning forecast Wednesday, February 19th, 2020
- Blackmon’s career night pushes Saint Francis past Robert Morris
- China turns to internet for food supplies amid virus fears
- ‘Good Times’ Ja’Net DuBois dies; co-wrote ‘Jeffersons’ theme