(WTAJ) —The American Legion is hosting a hybrid international job fair for military veterans, spouses and dependents on Sept. 22.
Hundreds of companies including Amazon, Pepsico and Marriott will be in attendance. The virtual session will run from 1 to 4 p.m. ET and it is free to attend. Anyone interested in attending can register online.
According to the United States Department of Labor, the veteran unemployment rate is 3.8%. The rate was 2.9% in 2019, which the Department of Labor called a “historic low.”
- Rare ‘flesh-eating’ STD on the rise in UK, doctor warns
- $1.75 million lottery ticket sold at Indiana County supermarket
- Newsfeed Now: Infrastructure Bill drawing toward possible vote; Decade-long custody battle gives elephant forever home
- ‘The Facebook Papers’: What to know
- Bicyclist flown to hospital after being hit by car in State College
There is also an in-person session in Austin, Texas from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. CST. Anyone interested in registering for the in-person session can do so online.
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather, and community events that matter to you.