Man arrested for attempted murder, victim in critical condition


UPDATE 12:50 P.M. – New details have emerged in the arrest of Talen Trice.

Police obtained surveillance footage from Mount Union High School that showed the suspect fleeing the scene. Trice appeared to be wearing a white t-shirt, black or green track pants, yellow boxer shorts and black and white sneakers. Another surveillance photo shows him removing his shirt and depositing it near a bush.

A witness identified Trice to Mount Union Police and that he was on state parole.

State parole agents that were in Mount Union on a separate incident on Thursday noticed blood on the sidewalk near the porch area of the residence of Trice’s grandmother, who he lives with.

When the state parole agents got permission from their supervisor to enter the residence, they saw blood evidence in the kitchen and bathroom.

State police interviewed the grandmother Thursday afternoon, who said that when she woke up she was unsure of where Talen was. The grandmother began to drive around looking for him, finding him at the basketball courts at Hartman Village. The grandmother said that Talen had no shirt on and had blood all over him.

According to police, when the grandmother asked Talen what happened, he told her nothing did before getting into her vehicle. The grandmother was planning to go to Altoona to go shopping and Talen asked to accompany her. The two departed for Altoona after getting ready at the grandmother’s residence.

On the way to Altoona, the grandmother received a phone call from her son, who asked if Talen was with her. She said yes and traveled to her son’s residence in Altoona.

Altoona Police were dispatched to the residence for a psychiatric emergency. Police said that upon arrival, the family reported that Talen may have been involved in the accident in Mount Union that morning.

Officers on the scene noted injuries to Talen’s right hand, including lacerations to his palm. Police also said that Talen had blood on a red hoodie that he was wearing.

After receiving a search warrant to search the grandmother’s home, police discovered a pair of shoes in the bathtub that had blood and soot on them. Police said that the shoes were consistent in appearance to the shoes that Talen was wearing in the surveillance footage.

The original story can be found below.

HUNTINGDON, Pa. (WTAJ) —  A man has been arrested for attempted murder and aggravated assault after an incident on Thursday in Mount Union.

Talen Anthony Trice, 25, faces multiple charges including attempted murder, aggravated assault, aggravated arson and recklessly endangering another person.

Mount Union Police Department and state police responded to a crash with a fully engulfed vehicle at 8:45 a.m. Police said that a male victim was located a short distance from the vehicle with severe burns and suspected puncture wounds.

According to police, a male was observed running from the scene and was later identified as Trice, who was located in Altoona and taken into custody.

The victim was life-flighted to UPMC Mercy burn unit in Pittsburgh. He remains in critical condition.

Trice was denied bail and is currently detained at the Centre County Correctional Facility.

Any witnesses or others with information are asked to contact state police in Huntingdon at 814-627-3161.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates as WTAJ continues to work to get more information.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss