SOMERSET COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — A woman is dead in Somerset after being hit by a vehicle on the turnpike.
Details are currently limited, but the incident occurred just after 6 p.m. Monday night on the eastbound ramp of the Somerset exit.
According to police, a woman and a passenger were stopped along the ramp and for an unknown reason and got out of their vehicle to cross the roadway.
We’re told when they crossed back over towards their vehicle, the woman was hit by another vehicle.
That vehicle fled the scene and the woman was pronounced dead. Stick with WTAJ as this story will be updated as more information becomes available.
THE LATEST FROM WTAJ:
- Sen. Marco Rubio teams up with NY Democrat to help veterans exposed to toxic burn pits
- Biden, Harris meet with Congressional Black Caucus about police reform
- Evening weather forecast Tuesday, April 14, 2021
- Democrats push for passage of anti-Asian hate crimes bill
- Police: Johnstown man crashes car into building, resists arrest