Woman flown to hospital after fire in Jefferson County

Local News

A Jefferson County woman is flown to the hospital after a house fire Wednesday morning. 

Fire crews were called to that home on Moore Road in McCalmont Township just around 10:15 a.m.

Fire Chief Orrie Manners said that fire started when a toaster and electric space heater both caught fire in the kitchen.

Manners said the space heater was plugged into a surge protector.

No word yet on the extent of the woman’s injuries.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss