HARRISBURG, Pa. (WTAJ) — Officials from the Wolf administration highlighted over 55 projects set to take place across Pennsylvania in 2022.
PennDOT outreach sessions started on April 4 in Bedford County, with sessions in other counties set to take place over the next four weeks.
“I am pleased to announce the many improvements across our rural communities that will be made this year,” said Gov. Tom Wolf. “These needed improvements on our rural networks are vital to our economy and our quality of life.”
Overall highlights in the 2022 construction season for District 9 (Bedford, Blair, Cambria, Fulton, Huntingdon, and Somerset counties) include:
- Approximately 150 miles of paving;
- Approximately 45 bridges will be repaired or replaced;
- Approximately 373 miles of roadway will be seal coated; and
- $118 million of new construction projects on area roadways.
The federal Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) is bringing over $24.1 million in additional funding in 2022 to the District 9 region. Here is the breakdown:
- Blair Planning Commission will receive at least $2.7 million more;
- Cambria County Planning Commission will receive at least $5.9 million more; and
- Southern Alleghenies RPO will receive at least $12.8 million more.
- Route 96 structure replacements, Bedford County, $3.6 million;
- Route 913 – Route 26 to Huntingdon County line resurfacing, Bedford County, $1.2 million;
- Route 4027, Westvaco Pater Mill to Route 350 resurfacing, Blair County, $2 million;
- Route 271 resurfacing, Woodmont Road to Route 3037, Cambria County, $7.1 million;
- Route 3031 Galleria Drive over U.S. 219 bridge rehabilitation, Cambria County, $2.3 million;
- U.S. 30 – Sideling Hill Mountain to Breezy Point Road resurfacing, Fulton County, $2.9 million;
- I-70 westbound resurfacing, Amaranth to Bedford, Fulton County, $11 million;
- Route 26 – U.S. 22 to Oneida Township line resurfacing, Huntingdon County, $1.8 million;
- Route 641 bridge replacements, Huntingdon County, $2.2 million;
- U.S. 219 bridge preservation, Somerset County, $1.5 million;
- U.S. 219 Salisbury rockfall repair, Somerset County, $6.7 million; and
- Route 601 – Ranch Lane to Route 985 resurfacing, Somerset County, $1.6 million.
Get the latest local news, weather, and community events. Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter.
- Interstate 99 Turnpike to Sproul/Claysburg resurfacing, Bedford County, $19.4 million;
- Route 56 Pleasantville Mountain safety improvements, Bedford County, $2.8 million;
- I-99 high tension cable median barrier, McCoy Street Bridge to Centre County, Blair County, $1.5 million;
- Route 4027 Hutchinson Run Bridge replacement, Blair County, $1.4 million;
- Route 53 structure replacements, Cambria County, $4.1 million;
- U.S. 22 interchanges resurfacing, Munster to Ebensburg, Cambria County, $7.6 million;
- Route 16, U.S. 522 – Franklin County Line, Safety Improvement, Fulton County, $4.3 million;
- U.S. 30 – PA 160 to Bedford County Line Resurfacing, Somerset County, $3.3 million; and
- U.S. 40 Addison resurfacing, Somerset County, $5.6 million.