PORT MATILDA, Pa. (WTAJ) — Way Fruit Farm in Port Matilda will be hosting their annual Apple Blossom Festival this weekend, now that their trees are beginning to blossom.
The festival will include wagon rides through their blossoming orchard, opportunities for lots of sweet smells and pictures, as well as performances from local musicians.
Co-owner of Way Fruit Farm Jason Coopey says they wanted to host this event to allow families to enjoy the spring weather and attractions of the festival.
“It’s just that time of year where we can get a lot of vaccinated people out here very safely, we’re going to do it safe just like we’ve always been doing, but we can get a lot of people out here, especially this weekend, it’s very low key where it’s a lot of just experiencing outdoors, experiencing nature,” said Jason Coopey, Co-Owner of Way Fruit Farm.
- Fountain of youth: 37-year-old becomes oldest Olympic weightlifting champ
- Wolf wants lawmakers to extend opioid emergency declaration
- Florida breaks record with more than 21,000 new COVID cases
- Robotic police dogs: Useful hounds or dehumanizing machines?
- COVID-19 becomes political issue at Tokyo Olympics
The event ends at 6:30 tonight and will continue tomorrow, May 1, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather and community events that matter to you.