Vehicle restrictions have been temporarily lifted on I-78, and part of I-81.
To help with traffic flow and movement during an anticipated break in Tuesday’s weather, PennDOT has temporarily lifted the vehicle restrictions on two highways.
PennDOT restrictions on empty tractor trailers and commercial vehicles pulling double trailers, passenger vehicles pulling trailers, RV/motorhomes, and motorcycles was lifted from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on all of I-78 and I-81 from the I-83 interchange to the I-78 interchange.
The restrictions began Tuesday at 6 a.m. and will not be lifted on the following roadways, although all vehicle restrictions will tentatively lift, weather-permitting, at 6 p.m. today on:
• I-380 full length from I-81 to I-80
• I-80 from I-180 to the New Jersey state line
• I-81 from I-78 to the New York state line
• I-84 full length from I-81 to the New York state line
• I-476 (PA Turnpike, Northeast Ext.) from I-78 to Clarks Summit (exit 131)
Drivers are encouraged to use www.511PA.com for weather and road condition updates.