PennDOT has announced road restrictions will be in place on Wednesday.
Starting at 6 a.m., all commercial vehicles will be banned on I-70 in Fulton County to the Maryland state line, I-99 from I-80 to the Turnpike, and on I-80 from I-79 to the I-99 interchange.
Also starting at 6 a.m., on I-80 from I-79 to the I-99 interchange and on the Turnpike will prohibit the following vehicles from New Stanton east to Carlisle:
• Empty, straight CDL-weighted trucks
• All double trailers
• Tractors hauling empty trailers
• Any trailers pulled by motorcycles, passenger vehicles, pickup trucks or SUVs
• All motorcycles
• All recreational vehicles and RVs
At noon on Wednesday, PennDOT and the PA Turnpike will prohibit only empty, straight CDL-weighted trucks, all double trailers, tractors hauling empty trailers, any trailers pulled by motorcycles, passenger vehicles, pickup trucks or SUVs, all motorcycles, and all recreational vehicles and RVs on the following roadways:
• PA Turnpike (I-76, I-276) from I-81 to I-95
• I-76 (Turnpike and non-Turnpike, New Stanton to Philadelphia)
• I-78 full length from I-81 to the New Jersey state line
• I-80 from I-99 to the New Jersey state line
• I-81 from the Maryland state line to the New York state line
• I-83 from the Maryland state line to I-81
• I-84 full length from I-81 to the New York state line
• I-180 full length from Route 220/U.S. 15 to I-80
• I-276; PA Turnpike
• I-380 full length from I-81 to I-80
• I-476 (non-Turnpike, full length)
• I-476 (PA Turnpike, Northeast Ext.) from Mid County to Clarks Summit
• Route 22 from I-78 to the New Jersey state line
• Route 33 from I-78 to I-80
A 45-mph speed restriction will be in place on all roads with vehicle restrictions and may be implemented sooner on roads that don’t have vehicle restrictions.
Drivers are encouraged to check www.511PA.com for traffic and weather conditions in our area.