CENTRE COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced that I-80 eastbound between Exit 161 (Bellefonte) and Exit 173 (Lamar) is now open after a vehicle fire broke out around 11 a.m.
The Orange detour is no longer in place now that the eastbound lanes are open. PennDOT appreciates drivers’ patience during the road closure.
All eastbound lanes were closed as officials were clearing the road and PennDOT was directing traffic off I-80 at the Bellefonte interchange.
The vehicle caught fire around 11 a.m. and eight companies responded to the scene, according to Centre County dispatch. No injuries have been reported at this time, according to dispatch.
- 4,247 new COVID cases reported, 68.2% Pennsylvanians over 18 vaccinated Sept. 26
- Ex-Northwestern professor to stand trial in fatal stabbing
- Dog the Bounty Hunter shows up at Brian Laundrie’s family home, knocks on door
- Lawmaker arrested for allegedly violating protection order
- Tempted to take expired medicines? Here’s what you need to know
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather and community events that matter to you.