BLAIR COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — A Tyrone woman was arrested early Monday morning after police said she stole a Ford F250 truck from outside a home in the Juniata section of Altoona.
Tessa M. Schroy, 29, allegedly stole the truck on Sunday at 11 p.m. The victim, who is a friend of Schroy, said they got into an argument and Schroy said she was stepping outside to “get some air.” Within minutes she was missing, along with the truck, according to the charges filed.
Police were able to find Schroy and the truck at a housing complex on 12th Street in Tyrone where the keys to the truck were sitting on the counter of a bathroom sink. After taking Schroy into custody, they discovered her license was suspended in April for one year.
Schroy has been charged with theft by unlawful taking, receiving stolen property and driven with a suspended or revoked license.
- Over 5,000 new COVID cases reported, 68.2% Pennsylvanians over 18 vaccinated Sept. 24
- 2021 DuBois Relay for Life Car Cruz-In kicks off this weekend
- Weather Extra – A look into the weather pattern as we head from September to October
- ‘The View’ hosts test positive for COVID, leave set minutes before VP Harris interview
- Police: Altoona woman steals two Redd’s Wicked, drinks them at Sheetz
Schroy has a preliminary hearing scheduled for Sept. 15.