CLEARFIELD COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — A 14-year-old Osceola Mills boy was killed and two other teenagers were injured in a fatal ATV crash in Clearfield County July 3.
According to state police, the crash happened around 3 a.m. Police said the boy was attempting to negotiate a downhill right-hand turn on Logan Road in Decatur Township when it went off the roadway and struck a tree.
The 14-year-old and his two passengers, a 15-year-old boy Osceola Mills and a 14-year-old girl from Philipsburg, were thrown from the ATV, according to police. The 14-year-old boy died at the scene and the two passengers were flown to UPMC Altoona for their injuries.
The names of the victims have not been released at this time. According to state police, the driver and passengers were not wearing helmets at the time of the crash.
LATEST IN LOCAL NEWS
- Feeling lucky? PA Lottery adds new Powerball weekly drawing and “Double-Play”
- Traffic stops, delays expected on North Atherton Street on Aug. 4
- Troopers: Man flipped van on PA Turnpike while towing another vehicle in Somerset County
- Police: I-99 crash with tractor-trailer caused by DUI
- Optometrist reminds eye exam importance for children
Columbia Volunteer Fire Company, Moshannon Valley EMS and Keith’s Towing assisted at the scene.
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather and community events that matter to you.