Students evacuated after AAHS fire

Local News

Students were evacuated from the Altoona Area High School Fieldhouse after a fire broke out in an industrial dryer.

Crews were called out to the building just after 3:30 p.m.

We’re told the fire was started when the dryer over-heated, but was quickly put out.

Students were evacuated while crews worked to clear out the smoke.

No damage or injuries were reported.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.