In celebration of Startup Week, Penn State DuBois will offer the “So you want to start a business” program. It’s open to all members of the public, as well as faculty, staff and students.
The event is planned for Noon until 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 3, 2019, in the Hiller Student Union at the DuBois Penn State campus. The program will feature an introduction to the North Central Pa. Launchbox by Launchbox Director Bradley Lashinsky.
The Launchbox initiative aims to help local companies with new technologies and processes, expand business opportunities, and create growth and increased job opportunities in the area. It is also intended to assist entrepreneurs who want to start a new small business.
Following the Launchbox program, a panel of local entrepreneurs and resource partners will have an open discussion about what it takes to succeed.
Panel members include:
- Ree Mitra, Co-Owner, Aegis Coffee Roasters
- Ed Tate, Owner, Luigi’s Ristorante
- Herb Bullers Jr., Jefferson County Commision, Owner of Servpro, Brookville Lumber, and Pinecraft Homes
- Lindsay Fairman, Technical Leader and Investor, Align Advisors LLC
- Jim Chorney, Director of the North Central Regional Planning and Development Commission
- Aleshia Marshall, Business Consultant, Clarion Small Business Development Center
- John Siggins, Business Consultant, Ben Franklin Technology Partners
For more information, you may contanct the Office of Public Information at 814-375-4776