HUNTINGDON COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — Route 26 (Jacksons Corner) in Miller Township will reopen to traffic Thursday evening, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT).
Drivers will be allowed to travel on Route 26 from Route 1019 (East Branch Road) to Route 305. This roadway has been closed since May due to slide repair work.
PennDOT said the work included widening the curve area at the southern end of the project to improve sight distance, drainage work and excavation of old material and rock. The project cost $1.8 million in total.
LATEST IN LOCAL NEWS
- Protection orders filed against Somerset County District Attorney and wife
- Altoona woman attacks boyfriend with metal bat, faces charges
- Second person to face charges after overdose of Saint Mary’s man in 2020
- Group makes patriotic quilts, gives them to honor local veterans
- Clearfield County man indicted for allegedly producing, possessing child porn
Drivers can stay up to date on road closures by checking 511PA.
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather and community events that matter to you.