Patrick Wayne Leeper Jr., 33, of Tipton reportedly held a woman down and strangled her with a sweatshirt on Jan. 29. According to police, the victim suffered a neck injury as a result and a warrant was issued for Leeper’s arrest.
On Feb. 13, police spotted Leeper at the Dollar General store on Pleasant Valley Boulevard around 11 p.m. He left the scene in a vehicle, failing to pull over when police turned on their siren. Police said Leeper was traveling approximately 80 mph on Pleasant Valley Boulevard.
The chase stopped when a deer hit the passenger’s side of the police cruiser.
LATEST IN LOCAL NEWS
- 4 girls, 12 to 14 years old, accused of setting house fire in Ferndale
- Early morning fire destroys American Legion building in Huntingdon County
- 3,362 new COVID cases reported, 232 in our central region April 11, 2021
- Two people injured after skier crashes into crowd at Seven Springs Mountain Resort
- Denny’s restaurant evacuated after report of smoke
Leeper is facing multiple charges from both cases, including strangulation, fleeing and eluding, simple assault and reckless driving.