UPDATE: As of Monday evening, PennDOT has lifted restrictions on the following roadways:
- I-99 in Centre County—both directions;
- I-80 from mile-marker 97/Falls Creek to mile-marker 161/Bellefonte—both directions.
- Interstate 70 in Bedford and Fulton Counties
Effective at noon on Monday, Tier 4 vehicle restrictions will be in place on Interstate 80 from I-99 at the 161/Bellefonte interchange in Centre County through Clinton County at mile-marker 192.
On roadways with Tier 4 restrictions in place, no commercial vehicles are permitted. Additionally, all school buses, commercial buses, motor coaches, motorcycles, RVs/motorhomes and passenger vehicles (cars, SUVs, pickup trucks, etc.) towing trailers are not permitted on affected roadways while restrictions are in place.
Tier 1 restrictions remain in place on the following roads:
Speed limits have been restricted to 45 mph and commercial vehicles must move to the right lane.
- I-80 in Clearfield, Centre, and Clinton Counties.
- I-99 in Bedford, Blair and Centre Counties
- I-70 in Bedford and Fulton Counties
- U.S. Route 22/322 in Juniata, Mifflin, and Centre Counties
PennDOT has not specified when the restrictions will be lifted.
Under Level 1 restrictions, the following vehicles are not permitted on affected roadways:
- Tractors without trailers;
- Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded enclosed trailers, open trailers or tank trailers;
- Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded tandem trailers;
- Enclosed cargo delivery trucks that meet the definition of a CMV;
- Passenger vehicles (cars, SUV’s, pickup trucks, etc.) towing trailers;
- Recreational vehicles/motorhomes;
- School buses, commercial buses and motor coaches; and
In addition, speed limits have been restricted to 45 mph on these roadways for all vehicles. Vehicles not affected by these restrictions must move to the right lane.
Additional restrictions could be added as weather conditions change.
For traffic updates in real-time, visit 511PA.