The PA Turnpike will closing overnight between New Stanton and Breezewood Interchanges.
The PA Turnpike will be closed in both directions between New Stanton, Exit #75 and Breezewood, Exit #161, interchanges starting at 11 p.m. on November 17 until approximately 5 a.m. on November 18.
The six-hour closure is needed for crews to safely erect steel bridge beams for the new North Center Avenue (SR 601) bridge, which will carry traffic over the Turnpike at mile marker 110 in Somerset County.
Throughout the evening prior to the closure, announcements will be made inside the North Somerset and the North Midway service plazas to warn customers that they will not be permitted to drive after 11 p.m. until the bridge work is complete.
Westbound traffic exiting the Turnpike at the Breezewood Interchange will be given this suggested detour:
U.S. Route 30 west (18.7 miles) to I-99 north (30.1 miles) to U.S. Route 22 west (64.5 miles) to PA Turnpike 66 south (13.9). Re-enter the PA Turnpike at the New Stanton Interchange.
Eastbound traffic exiting the Turnpike at the New Stanton Interchange will be given this suggested detour:
U.S. Route 119 north (.02 miles) to PA Turnpike Route 66 north (14.2 miles) to U.S. Route 22 east (63.7 miles) to I-99 south (30.4 miles) to U.S. Route 30 east (18.3 miles). Traffic will reenter the PA Turnpike at the Breezewood Interchange.
Such an extensive detour is recommended because shorter alternate routes cannot safely accommodate the diverted traffic volumes or the commercial traffic.
Drivers may enter the Turnpike going Westbound at the Somerset Interchange, Exit #110 and also at the Donegal Interchange, Exit #91. Drivers will be permitted to enter the Turnpike going Eastbound at the Bedford Interchange, Exit # 146.
During the closure, drivers should expect higher traffic volumes on detour roads. Message boards will be in place to inform customers of the closure.
For more information on this project go to: https://www.patpconstruction.com/mp110/default.aspx.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via a mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
· Customer Assistance Center (toll-free) — 800-331-3414 (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
· Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com.