One-day closure of Cherry Lane in State College scheduled for Wednesday.
PennDOT announced the one-day closure, relative to their North Atherton Street project in State College, and is necessary for permanent road patching associated with earlier drainage work.
This closure will impact drivers traveling toward the University from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. A designed detour will be in place.
Additionally, motorists can still expect the following through November 25:
* West Aaron Drive to Park Avenue—entire length of project:
• No lane closures will be implemented on Thursday, November 22 due to the Thanksgiving holiday. No lane closures will be implemented on Friday, November 23, Saturday, November 24, and Sunday, November 25 due to a PSU home football game.
• Only the long-term lane closure leading into the University on the right side of Atherton Street will be in place. However, two lanes will remain open for inbound and outbound traffic on those days.
• The work zone speed limit has been reduced from 35 MPH to 25 MPH from Aaron Drive to the State College Borough line near Mitchell Avenue. This speed reduction will be in place until project completion in October 2019. The speed limit from Mitchell Avenue to Park Avenue within State College Borough is already permanently posted at 25 MPH.
• Pedestrians can cross Atherton Street using the intersections at Aaron Drive, Hillcrest Avenue, and Park Avenue. Crossing at other locations is not recommended.
• Drivers are reminded to “share the road” and be alert for pedestrians, bicyclists, and buses as they move through this work zone.
No work is anticipated from West Aaron Drive to North Hills Place.
* From North Hills Place to Blue Course Drive:
• The contractor will be installing a retaining wall. Traffic will only be reduced to a single lane for outbound traffic from the University while they are working.
* From Blue Course Drive to Woodland Drive:
• Through December 20, a long-term lane closure will remain in place closing the far, right lane heading toward the University. While the contractor is not working, two lanes will remain open for inbound and outbound traffic. However, while the contractor is working, traffic will be reduced to a single lane for inbound traffic.
No work is anticipated from Woodland Drive to Park Avenue.
* Verizon has been on-site performing wire installation and splicing between Hillcrest Avenue and Park Avenue. The work consists of reducing traffic to a single lane for outbound traffic from the University.
Drivers should expect delays due to lane closures, especially during high traffic volume times.
For weather and road condition updates, visit www.511PA.com