Check out George Batrus’ easy but tasty idea for a great Valentine’s Day dinner that you can make at home.
Old Bay Shrimp scampi tossed in Whole Wheat Linguine
1. 1 lb box of Whole Wheat Linguine
2. 2 lb of medium size shrimp (either cooked and shelled…easy option; or raw…slightly harder, but gives better result)
3. 2 oz olive oil
4. 1/3 stick of butter
5. 1 Tsp minced garlic
6. 2 oz fresh chopped parsley
7. Old Bay Seasoning
7.(optional) Fresh baby spinach or steamed broccoli
1. Cooked the linguine according to the directions on the box and set aside. You will want to cook the pasta al dente
2. In a large skillet melt the butter and add the olive oil on a medium heat
3. Add the garlic and wait for it to start to fry
4. Add the shrimp to the skillet trying to keep it in a single layer. Make sure it is strained well
5. If using raw shrimp it should be cleaned, shelled, and de-veined. Cook for approximately for 3 minutes on each side until the shrimp turn a nice bright red-ish/pink. If using already cooked shrimp you only need to heat the shrimp until the shrimp is hot and mixed through the oil/butter/garlic.
6. If using any fresh spinach or steamed broccoli add it now and tossed together.
7. Add the cooked linguine and toss until everything is mixed thoroughly.
8. Served on a plate and liberally shake old bay and sprinkle with fresh parsley
A great compliment to this dinner would be a white wine, chardonnay, pinot, etc.