JEFFERSON COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ)– A Jefferson County man was found guilty of multiple child sexual offenses after a trial held by jury on June 17-18.
Michael Zernell, 53, of Reynoldsville was found guilty of these charges
- Aggrevatd indecent assault of a child under 13
- 6 counts of child pornography
- Criminal attempt to commit stautaotry sexual assault
- 2 counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with a child under 13
- 3 counts of indecent assault
- 3 counts of criminal use of a communication facility
- 3 counts of invasion of privacy
- 6 counts of aggrevated assault and fleeing and eluding police
Jefferson County District Attorney Jeff Burkett tried the case along with Assistant District Attorney Kris Carlini
“Michael Zernell is a child predator, Burkett said. “He needed to be removed from society and we were happy to make this happen.”
A sentence will be made after an assessment from the Commonwealth’s Sexual Offenders Assessment Board.
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather and community events that matter to you.