Thursday, Acting United States Attorney Soo C. Song and Bishop Mark Bartchak of the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown announced the names of the five people appointed to the Independent Oversight Board for Youth Protection for the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown.
The Diocese created the Independent Oversight Board earlier this year to supervise and review the child protection efforts of the Diocese.
The five members are:
- James Brown, former Chief of Staff to both Senator Bob Casey and Governor Robert P. Casey. Mr. Brown will serve as Chair of the Board.
- Walter “Pete” Carlson, former criminal investigator for the Pennsylvania State Police.
- Eileen Dombo, PhD, LICSW, Associate Professor and Assistant Dean of the National Catholic School of Social Service at The Catholic University of America.
- Mary Herwig, advocate for child protection
- J. Alan Johnson, former United States Attorney for the Western District of PA
This is a separate group than the review board that was announced in August.