HUNTINGDON COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — An electronics collection event will be held Sept. 25 at the Huntingdon County Fairgrounds from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
This event is for residential disposal only. Business drop-offs are not accepted.
Some items will be collected for free while other items will be charged by the pound. The breakdown can be found below:
ITEMS COLLECTED FOR FREE
- Desktops, laptops, servers, tablets (There is a $10 fee for certified hard drive data destruction verification if this service is requested)
- Televisions and monitors: CRT’s, LCD’s, LED’s, plasma, projection and flat screens
- Computer keyboards, mice, computer speakers and external devices
- Routers, switches, modems
- Printers, copiers, scanners
- Cables, wires, charging cables, AC adapters
ITEMS COLLECTED FOR 30 CENTS PER POUND
- VCR, DVD and Blu-Ray players
- CDs, DVDs or VHS tapes
- Stereo equipmnt (amplifiers, receivers, car stereos)
- Digital cameras and camcorders
- Gaming consoles, video games, console controllers
- UPS Systems (uninterruptible power supply)/ battery back up devices
The collection event is sponsored by Hewlett Packard, Huntingdon County Recycling, Huntingdon County Commissioners, Huntingdon County Fair Board and eLoop LLC.
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather and community events that matter to you.