House fire ruled accidental, business helping family

Local News

Fire investigators have determined what caused a house fire in Blair County Tuesday.

Fire officials say an electrical issue from a light on the third floor of the home sparked the fire.

Altoona Firefighters responded to 324 Spruce Avenue just before 4 o’clock Tuesday afternoon.

Flames quickly spread to two neighboring homes.

No one was injured, but the blaze left a family of 8 without a home.  The Red Cross is assisting the family.

Altoona Fire Chief Tim Hileman said the structure was saved, but it will be some time before the family can move back in.

The home was not insured.

An employer of one of the family members is doing all he can to help the family get back on their feet. 
 
The owner of Locher Candles, in Altoona, says the family member has played a big role in helping his business, and now he wants to pay it forward.
 
Twenty-five percent of all sales, until the end of July from Locher Candles, will go directly to the family. 
 
To purchase a candle, visit LocherCandlesLLC.com. 
 
All orders made in Blair County will receive free delivery. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

February 07 2021 06:30 pm

Don't Miss