House fire in Aaronsburg displaces Amish family….no injuries reported

Local News

Aaronsburg, Haines Township, Centre County, Pa- An Amish family is without a home after it caught fire Thursday. 

Firefighters faced strong winds as they battled the flames

The chief of the Millheim Fire Company told WTAJ that the fire started in the chimney…but then strong winds helped spread the fire to the roof of the home and made it difficult for firefighters to control.

Fire officials believe the fire started just after 10:00 am Thursday morning at an Amish home on Cemetery Road in Haines Township.

Officials say the owner wasn’t home at the time of the fire. At the moment, they’re unsure if anyone else was inside when the fire started.

The home is considered a total loss but, there were no injuries reported.

With every fire, the American Red Cross receives a call if those on scene if they feel any assistance is needed. But, since an Amish family was displaced, the Red Cross was not called-in as the family will be getting help from the local Amish community, and other members of the community.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss