Former PSU Employee Took Video of Student Inside Bryce Jordan Center Bathroom.

Local News

A former Penn State Employee is charged with a total of 76 counts of invasion of privacy, all in a Bryce Jordan Center men’s bathroom. The most recent invasion occurred this May during State College High School’s Prom.

Police say 43-year-old, Charles Chamberlin Jr. videotaped a total 22 victims urinating inside a men’s bathroom, while hiding in a toilet stall, since last year.

In a detailed, and what many have called “disturbing” report released Monday, a student’s account was included. According to the account, the student thought Chamberlin was a chaperone.

He asked Chamberlin where he could find a bathroom and Chamberlin reportedly led him to one “well away” from the prom in the Bryce Jordan Center.

The student says Chamberlin entered the bathroom after him and into a stall close to the student’s urinal. The student recalls hearing the sound of video being started on a smart phone after he started urinating.

He looked over to see a phone pointed at him through a small opening between the wall and the stall. The student then ran away.

The report says this account is supported by surveillance footage outside of the bathroom… and that the student was “shocked” when leaving the bathroom.

Police found 37 videos of males urinating inside that same men’s bathroom on Chamberlin’s phone. The videos dated back to a year ago.

In response to this, Penn State fired Chamberlin and released a statement reading:

“We find the allegations deeply disturbing. The safety of our students, faculty, staff, and others visiting our community is a priority and Penn State follows a comprehensive set of policies to investigate these issues. The University moves swiftly to investigate reports of wrongdoing when they are received, as we did in this case. We can confirm that this individual is no longer employed by the University. Penn State is committed to the well-being of our community and has strong protocols and training in place, which are under continuous review.”

Legal Analyst Attorney Tony Debeouf said that each of these 76 charges could carry a maximum sentence of 2 years in jail. This could mean a life sentence for Chamberlin. A separate sentence will be given to Chamberlin for each victim. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 25th.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss