DUBOIS, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Penn State DuBois Library has an exhibit on display this semester that tells the story of Penn State athletes who served in World War I.
“Field to Front” was created by a team at the Penn State All-Sports Museum at University Park. It will be open to the public for the entire fall semester.
LATEST IN LOCAL NEWS
- Over 80k raised in State College heart walk for American Heart Association
- 4,485 new COVID-19 cases reported, 70.1% of Pennsylvanians fully vaccinated Oct. 16
- Crews called to Everett church fire, cause under investigation
- Geisinger CEO pushes vaccines amid concerning COVID trends
- State police investigating theft of catalytic converter in Bedford County
According to the university, 200 former varsity lettermen served. Seven of them were killed in combat and one was lost in a training accident shortly after the end of the war. In total, 2,155 students, faculty and alumni from Penn State entered the military during the course of World War I.
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather, and community events that matter to you.