EMS bitten by man who overdosed at Somerset motel

Local News

SOMERSET, Pa. (WTAJ) — A Berlin man is facing charges after police say he injured an EMS by biting him after the EMS administered Narcan for a drug overdose.

Eric Sechler, 36, of Berlin was in a room at Knights Inn on Gateway Road in Somerset when EMS responded to a drug overdose on May 30 after 5 a.m. Police report that Sechler was given a dose of Narcan by a member of the responding EMS unit and when he came to, he bit the EMS tech.

Somerset Police said that it cause serious injury to the EMS tech’s left arm. Sechler was charged with aggravated assault.

Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather and community events that matter to you.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss