UPDATE: The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced that Route 1001 (Washington Avenue) is closed in Lawrence Township between Lawhead Street and Riverview Road due to the derailment.
Crews are working to repair damage to the road caused by the derailment. Traffic will be detoured using Route 1002 (McPhearson Street) until at least 3 p.m. Saturday, June 26.
See the original story below:
CLEARFIELD COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — Emergency crews responded to a train derailment in Clearfield County Thursday evening.
According to Clearfield 911 coordinator Jeremy Ruffner, the 911 center received a call just before 7 p.m. that several train cars had derailed at the Fullerton Street intersection of the RJ Corman train crossing near the Hyde bridge.
No injuries were reported from the derailment, according to Ruffner. Local fire departments and PennDOT were at the scene controlling traffic until railroad company RJ Corman could clear the scene.
LATEST IN LOCAL NEWS
- Free coaches clinic in Johnstown for youth sports health, wellness
- Bald Eagle Area School District not requiring COVID-19 masks in the fall
- Williamsburg High School football team merges onto Juniata Valley’s turf
- Area Agencies on Aging concerned over potential outsourcing of services
- Wolf administration raises awareness on national unemployment fraud issue
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather and community events that matter to you.